M.Tech. VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
- M.Tech. VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
About the Course
Advances in VLSI have today enabled most systems to become compact, highly reliable and deliver data at high speed. The technological advances facilitate the designer to tailor the IC for specific applications (Application Specific Integrated Circuits).
This course aims at preparing students to develop knowledge and skills in VLSI design methodology with a systems perspective in order to facilitate the use of computer-aided design tools for the analysis and design of special-purpose digital and analog circuits and systems. The course will give students capability to understand the requirements of EDA development, library design, analog and mixed signal design, semiconductor chip design, design and verification of ICs, FPGA development and SOC design. Analysis, design and implementation of integrated circuits using standard tools help the students to be industry ready.
- The programme curriculum is aimed at VLSI system design (both Front end & Back end designs) covering algorithms, Hardware description Languages, System Architectures, Physical designs, Verification techniques, Simulation & Synthesis, Low power design techniques and mixed mode design methodologies.
- The course also offers strong knowledge in the Embedded system design covering thrust areas, such as, Advanced Embedded Microcontrollers, Real Time Embedded Systems, Advanced Embedded System Design and System On Chip.
- Students also have access to laboratories setup with industrial collaboration.
B.E/B.Tech. (ECE/EEE/E&I/CSE/IT), M.Sc. (Electronics)
|Core subjects||Elective subjects|
|Graph Theory and Optimization Techniques Engineers||Advanced Digital Signal Processing|
|Digital Signal Processing||VLSI Technology|
|Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits||ASIC Design|
|CMOS VLSI Design||Electro Magnetic Interference & Compatibility in System Design|
|Embedded System Design||Genetic Algorithm & their Application in VLSI Design|
|Digital System Design with Programmable Logic||Reliability Engineering|
|Analog VLSI Design|
|Digital Signal Processor Architecture & Application|
The requirement of improved solutions for miniaturization, high speed, reliability, and high performance computers, necessitates skilled engineers. There is an urgent need to produce quality engineers who can conceive, design and develop VLSI and Embedded systems
Trained engineers in VLSI design can start their career in the semiconductor industry and become a VLSI engineer. Specialized VLSI engineers can seek their career as front end verification engineers, validation engineers, modeling engineers, verification consultants, PCB designer, AMS designer, DFT designer and library developer.
The final semester project can be done in diverse areas under this branch such as
- VLSI Testing
- Computer Arithmetic Design
- Chip designing
- Low power VLSI design
- Image processing using VLSI
- Cryptography using VLSI
Duration : 2 Years