Specialization in Power Electronics & Drives
- Specialization in Power Electronics & Drives
About the Course
This programme imparts knowledge in the field of power electronics and its application to electrical machines, drives, industrial equipments and power systems. It also gives hands-on experience through practical and project courses.
- Power Electronics is an emerging area which is concerned with the application of fast developing electronics into electrical machines and power systems.
- This programme will provide the graduates with the knowledge base and the practical know-how to meet the challenges of the industry.
- The course also provides advanced insights which could be useful for further academic work in the field.
A Pass in B.E. / B.Tech. (EEE / ECE / E&I / I&C/Electronics/Instrumentation)
|Core subjects||Elective subjects|
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics for Electrical Engineers Engineers||Advanced Digital Signal Processing|
|Modeling and Analysis of Electrical Machines||Software Engineering|
|Advanced Power Semiconductor Devices||Special Electrical Machines|
|Analysis of Power Converters||Computer Communication and Networks|
|Analysis of Inverters||Intelligent Control|
|Computer Aided Design of Electrical Apparatus||Flexible AC Transmission Systems|
|Solid State DC Drives||Digital Signal Processors|
|Solid State AC Drives||High Voltage Direct Current Transmission|
|Linear and Non-Linear Systems Theory||Power Systems For Power Electronics|
|Embedded Control of Electrical Drives||Power Quality|
Project work provides students with a number of techniques for analysis and simulation of performance of electrical drives. The project work consists of two phases. Phase I which involves simulation of the circuits is completed during the third semester. In Phase II, implementation of the simulation using hardware circuits is done.
The following industries provide opportunities for placement of the graduates of this programme
Research & Development labs & Teaching
Electrical Products Manufacturing Sectors & Companies, such as,
- Intel Philips
- Ample Communications
- Spa Computers
- Cueflux Technologies Pvt Ltd
- eSpark Infotech Pvt. Ltd.,
- i Micro System
- Adamya Computing Technologies and Sonata
Duration : 2 Years