Specialization in Communication Systems
- Specialization in Communication Systems
About the Course
This course will cover fundamentals of digital communications and networking. The students will study the basics of information theory, sampling and quantization, coding, modulation, signal detection and system performance in the presence of noise. The study of data networking will include multiple access, reliable packet transmission, routing and protocols of the internet.
- The focus of the M.Tech Degree programme in Communication Systems is on a thorough and in-depth study of Communication theory from a signal processing perspective
- The subjects studied include : Advanced Digital Signal Processing, Coherent Optical Communication, High speed Communication Networks and Error-Control Coding.
- A broad theoretical base is also provided through subjects like Linear Operators and Integral Equations, Probability and Stochastic processes and Signal Detection and Estimation.
- The students also undergo laboratory programmes on the design and implementation of communication subsystems based on DSP modules and fibre-optic devices and components besides devoting their final semester entirely to the project work.
B.E/B.Tech. (ECE/ E & I), M. Sc. (Electronics)
|Core subjects||Elective subjects|
|Digital Signal Processing||Communication Protocol Engineering|
|Material Science and Engineering||Network Routing Algorithms|
|Digital CMOS Design||Global Positioning Systems|
|Solid State Devices||Digital Image Processing|
|Advance Radiation Systems||Internetworking Multimedia|
|Mobile Communication Networks||Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility in System Design|
|Multimedia Compression Techniques||Communication Network Security|
|Microwave Integrated Circuits||Wireless Sensor Networks|
|Satellite Communication||Optical Communication Networks|
|Advanced Data Communication|
The final semester Project work can be done in the following areas
- Wireless communication
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Networking and Coding
- Image Processing
- Optical Communication & Networking
- Optical Networking ComponentsOptical Networking Components
- Global Positioning Systems
- Cryptography and Coding
- Network Security
Trained professionals in this stream have their career opportunities in the areas of Telecommunication engineering, satellite communication, manufacturing and operation of telecommunication devices. It is an apt career for those who are interested in the fields of microelectronic devices, signal processing, data networking, coding, compression, encryption and transmission. Also, public sector undertakings and defence laboratories offer challenging working environments for communication engineers.
Duration : 2 Years