Technical Processing Section plays a key role to function the library. It makes a bridge between the acquisition of documents to the Circulation. The Technical Processing Section of Central Library also plays a vital role to run the functioning of this library services smoothly.
- Classification of books following DDC latest edition (presently using 23rd ed.). Before consult DDC, we check our database and provide the earlier class number in case of same title if found.
- Preparing / Update Database using Libsys 6.0 software.
- Generating Bar-Code using BAR/ONE software.
- Classify books as Technical, Management, Science and Reference etc.
- Update database for the classified books also for Binding, Lost Books etc. Stamping and labeling barcode, spine-label.
- Generate list of new arrival of books which includes bibliographic details including Abstract.
- Put hardcopy of new arrivals into display board. Simultaneously those books are kept for 'New Arrival' Display. During that week we restrict those books for any issue through Libsys database.
- New arrivals with bibliographic details are updated on website.
- Maintain archive for all books processed and shelved. This archive can be accessed
- Send all books for Circulation to the users
- Ph.D Theses Uploaded to IR