What we do
- The Acquisitions Department is responsible for acquiring materials in all formats, both physical and electronic.
- Ordering materials from sources all over the world
- Receiving and copy cataloging
- Follow up as necessary to ensure that orders are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Payment of invoices for all library materials
- Establishing and maintaining access to electronic resources acquired.
In addition, the Acquisitions Department
- Sets up and maintains approval plans, subscriptions and standing orders
- Assesses sources of supply, vendor performance and associated services while seeking opportunities to further workflow efficiencies
- Maintains the highest ethical standards and excellent customer service with our clients, vendors and service providers