Hindustan Technology Business Incubator &
Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre
Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) & Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC)
About HTBI & HEIC
- The Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) & Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC) is focused to encourage the innovative talents and spirits of the students.
- The activities to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship and to quicken the pulse in this direction among the students' steps have been initiated for a long time. But, in its present form a cell for entrepreneurship activities was established in August 2007 in collaboration with National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN).
- The HTBI & HEIC is dedicated to the development and growth of innovation and entrepreneurial culture in the campus. Accordingly, several internal and external programs are organized to catch the pulse of the students and wherever technically advisable, students are encouraged to ideate and develop a Business plan for their ideas.
To create an ecosystem in the campus which offers every student a chance to be innovative, creative and tactical to pursue his or her dreams and gain economic, technical and entrepreneurial expertise in their chosen field, thus realizing the vision statement of the university – "to make every man a success and no man a failure".
The vision of HTBI & HEIC can be achieved through
- strengthening the function through focused long term and short term plans
- focus on the three thrust areas – innovation / entrepreneurship / outreach programs
- inviting experts in respective fields to become part of HTBI & HEIC's advisory board
- reaching out to students from all disciplines right from the first year, so as to provide ample time to discover themselves
INAUGURATION OF HTBI @ VIAPURI HALL:
The new facility of HTBI & HEIC was inaugurated by Mr.Rakesh Verma, Vice President & CTO, Samsung Heavy Industries, New Delhi & Mr.K.A.David, Executive Director (Operations), BHAVINI, Kalpakkam, on 17th April 2015.
MEMBERSHIP, FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Currently there are about 490 student members registered with HTBI & HEIC from different disciplines
- About 10 student clubs have been formed and are active at the HTBI & HEIC.
- HTBI & HEIC has expert mentors, who visit every week and contribute to shaping up innovation and entrepreneurship ideas.
- HTBI & HEIC is also well networked with professional bodies promoting entrepreneurship viz., CII, TIE, MMA, MSME, NEN, etc.
- The HTBI & HEIC has facilities for training with audio visual aids, 6 computers with internet connectivity
- Out of the 9 seats available for Startups, 8 have been occupied by the startups and are being incubated here.