B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
Vision of the Department
To excel in Computer Science and Engineering education, research, project management by empowering the students with strong conceptual knowledge.
Mission of the Department
- M1.To educate the students with basic foundation blocks of core and allied disciplines of Computer Science and Engineering.
- M2.To provide practical skills in the advancements of the Computer Science and Engineering field required for the growing dynamic IT and ITES industries.
- M3.To sculpt strong personal, technical, research, entrepreneurial, and leadership skills.
- M4.To inculcate knowledge in lifelong learning, professional ethics and contribution to the society.
Programme Educational Objectives:(PEOs)
- PEO1. Excel in their professional career and/or pursue higher education including research by applying the knowledge of computer science and engineering.
- PEO2. Demonstrate the technical skills to analyze and design appropriate solutions with social consciousness and ethical values.
- PEO3. Adapt themselves to organizational needs by understanding the dynamically changing technologies.
The graduate after 3-5 years of programme completion will be able to
- PO1. Able to apply knowledge of computing, science and mathematical techniques for solving complex Computer Science and Engineering problems.
- PO2.Able to identify and analyse any computing problem and define the computing requirements in order to arrive at the required solution.
- PO3.Able to design, implement, test and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- PO4.Able to apply design and development principles in the construction of complex software systems with dynamic requirements.
- PO5.Able to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- PO6.Able to apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to asses societal, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7.Able to analyse the impact of computing hazards on individuals, organizations, and society.
- PO8.Able to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the Computer Science and engineering practice.
- PO9.Able to collaborate and function as a team to accomplish a common goal through effective learning.
- PO10.Able to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical communications with a range of audiences such as peer to peer and peer to group.
- PO11. Able to apply the knowledge of engineering and management principles in project management.
- PO12.Able to recognize the need for and to engage in continuous professional development
Programme Specific Outcomes:(PSO’S)
- PSO1.To impart the basic knowledge and conceptual understanding of Computing through mathematical and analytical skills
- PSO2.To develop the skill set of the students in the domains of cyber physical Systems, Algorithm design Techniques and Enterprise systems security
- PSO3.To inculcate the analytical knowledge of the students for innovative system design using modern tools and techniques.
About the Course
The B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering course at Hindustan concentrates on bridging theory and practice, including a wide variety of hardware and software technologies and their applications.
The course is designed to equip students with the fundamental understanding and practical skills needed by the potential leaders of a demanding profession. However, this by no means limits our graduates in their choice of career: like other courses at Hindustan, it is training in logical thought and expression, and can lead to employment in many different fields.
A sound understanding of mathematical ideas is needed throughout the course, both for potential applications such as scientific computation, and for reasoning rigorously about the specification and behavior of programs. Practical skills must also be developed and the majority of subjects within the course are linked with practical work.
The laboratory has a large network of up-to-date workstations for practical work and the network is accessible from colleges and many student rooms and through the internet.
During the first part of the course, your work is divided between lectures (about four a week), tutorials (about once a week), and practical classes (about two sessions a week). In addition, you will be expected to spend a considerable amount of time on private study. As the course progresses, you will begin to work in small classes on more specialized topics. You will spend a substantial amount of time in your third and fourth years working on a project that counts towards your degree.
Tutors want to see how you tackle unfamiliar problems and respond to new ideas; they will be more interested in the problem-solving process than in whether you can get straight to a solution. As in all subjects at Hindustan, the ability and commitment to study are more important than prior knowledge. Specifically, we do not require any formal qualification in computing, although you will be expected to show enthusiasm for the subject. A strong mathematical ability is more important.
Software Engineers work with business organizations, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, freelancers, etc. Specializations in the field include industry (analyst, architect, developer, tester, technical support, managers) and academia (education, researchers)
Duration : 4 Years